PIRATES OF THE PEMBINA RAFT RACE
Story from the western review …………..
THUNDER IN THE VALLEY DRAG RACE
EAGLE POINT BLUE RAPIDS PARKS COUNCIL
The Eagle Point-Blue Rapids Parks Council is a non-profit organization that utilizes a creative approach towards innovative community-based park and recreation design, planning, funding and management.
Representing a variety of perspectives, backgrounds and expertise, the Parks Council is governed a board of directors comprising of local stakeholders, municipalities, industry operators and recreational organizations who all implement consensus based decision making to:
- Ensure effective land design and management of this Eagle Point – Blue Rapids Park System for recreation and environmental protection in the public interest;
- Enhance the range, quality and safety of recreation opportunities by accommodating existing and new recreational leaseholders;
- Promote co-existence with existing industrial activity, such as oil and gas, and sand and gravel extraction;
- Maximize synergies and minimize conflicts among different types of stakeholders and user groups;
- Help to protect the North Saskatchewan River watershed and ensure long-term protection of remaining wilderness and natural spaces;
- Advance new and sustainable tourism and economic development opportunities, and;
- Design and implement a diverse and long-term funding strategy in order to meet the overall goals for the protected areas.
Follow our journey on Facebook and Twitter as we enhance Eagle Point Provincial Park and Blue Rapids Provincial Recreation Area through our innovative community partners.